Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Fly (1986)


































  An intelligent scientist experiments with transportation. After succeeding with inanimate objects, he decides to test it with humans so he enters his machine! Unfortunately, inside his machine was a fly that caused complications in the process. What came out was human no more!
  Being a remake of the classic 1958 film with Vincent Price, you can't expect much of this. But actually, David Cronenberg pulls it off and manages to relight the cult flame for this story! A little too literal and much too gore (for my liking), this film may distress you but it will pay off with that 80's feeling you love to hate! A job well done in the Sci-Fi genre!
  When you have to continue such a legacy, Geena Davis is certainly a no-picker for this job. Jeff Goldblum is eccentric enough to be the scientist here (and he does it well) but man!, why Geena Davis?! Don't get me wrong but this woman just can't act. Her lines come out stiffer than Brian Johnson's upper lip (ok lame pun) and her expressions are colder than those of a corpse! She even looks indifferent in the sex scenes! It takes a lot of sucking to achieve this!
Must watch this : before watching the original. Get a couple of cheap cheeseburgers, a cheap Coca-Cola knock-off and fly this off with your 80's groove on!
*Special thanks to 80's expert, Silent Guardian, for suggesting this
Trailer
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091064/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
God damn it, Geena.Act a little!

That is not what I ordered!

No shit, Sherlock!


2 comments:

  1. I will agree on gore and distress, but I think Geena Davis wasn't that bad!! Ok, let's say she can't act, but she's so beautiful and sexy, as we want her to be!! There were many times, where I just wanted to screw her, immediately after watching this! But then again, I was so distressed, that I regretted..! :P Nice review, thanks for mentioning me, and very good piece of advice to have cheap cola and burgers, joining you while watching this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have been a bit too hard on her! Just my opinion.Waiting for your next suggestion! Peace

    ReplyDelete