Friday, November 22, 2013

First Blood (1982)


































  John Rambo, a Vietnam war veteran, returns to the states looking for a new start but all he finds is disappointment. When a small town sheriff arrests and abuses him, everything changes. War memories, still warm, fight their way out and Rambo is out for revenge. They will be sorry they drew first blood.
  The one, the only, the pentacle in 80's action films and a basis for every other action film that followed. Rambo, directed by Ted Kotcheff, with enough doses of drama and social concern but with even more doses of hard-boiled action and suspense. A country trying to heal its social wounds from a fresh war, a loner with no point in life, the thin line between these two and pure violence! That, my friends, is exploitation!
  Sylvester Stallone, Brian Dennehy and Richard Crenna in the middle. The good , the bad and the diplomat. A challenge of who has bigger balls only this time they take to until death, all harmonically twisted in rural America. This movie is so full by the testosterone of their performances that ladies may be in danger of growing facial hair while watching it. If you haven't started needing a razor, this might be a good start.
Must watch this : with tons of beer and even more tons of pizza, on a rainy autumn night with the dudes. Adding some girls to your company may be fun as they will make fun all the time. But that is fine because you can shut them up with your excessive testosterone!
*Specially devoted to Silent Guardian
Trailer
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083944/
Getting real tired of yo shit, fat boy
Tank top in -2 Celsius? Who gives a fuck?
Imma blast yo ass



5 comments:

  1. "If you haven't started needing a razor, this might be a good start." That's EXACTLY how this movie makes you: from a teenager, to an ADULT. I remember first watching this movie with my brother, back in the late 90's, early 00's. We were lying on our parents' bed, like childs, and my brother told me: "Look son, here we have a warhero, a veteran, who makes all these because he has A REASON. He's been in Vietnam. That's how war, changes you. It transforms you to a cold blooded insane person, who will never find his cure." Those were the first moments I became an adult. Ok let's say, felt like an adult. As a REAL MAN. I felt compassion for this character, and somehow, I understood him. I think this is the way, the director wants us to feel. He wants us to understand his place, to feel bad and at the same time, good because, this guy here, gets the revenge he deserves. From this moment on, I always respected this film, although both me and ALL my friends, had been making fun of it from time to time. Especially about the curved mouth and all the screams!! But in the end these are the words I think that stay forever:

    Colonel Trautman: "It's over Johnny.. IT'S OVER"
    John J. Rambo: "NOTHING IS OVER! NOTHING! You just don't turn it off. It wasn't my war. You asked me, I didn't ask you. And I did what I had to do, to WIN, but somebody wouldn't let us win. And I come back to the world, watching all these maggots at the airport, protesting me, SPITTIN'. Calling me babe killer, and all that kind of VILE CRAP! Who are they to protest me, HUH? Who are they, unless they've BEEN ME, or BEEN THERE, and know what the hell, they were yellin' ABOUT!"

    PS: THANK YOU, for this wonderful dedication. Really honoured me, Parissleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! I should change my review and put your comment in its palce. Thank you for adding to my thoughts! Peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, no you shouldn't. My pleasure adding to your thoughts. This review fits just fine, to this wonderful movie. And for the record, this is the alternative ending: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp1mdSQ4BfI
    It was criticized at "too depressing" by the Canadian people and the TV, but to me, fits perfectly to this movie's drama. Anytime, you could also check these deleted scenes:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjUUJIPd-Q

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it would be too depressive! But thank you for your additions. We are still waiting for your own review!

      Delete
    2. will come at the perfect moment!! Stay tuned!! :P

      Delete